Grant Process and Schedule
Impact 100 Chicago’s grant cycle occurs only one time per year. Our online grant application system is typically open in the fall of each year with the Letters of Inquiry due in mid-November. Impact 100 Chicago’s grant cycle includes a four-step grant application process:
I. LETTER OF INQUIRY:
- Applicants must submit a Letter of Inquiry (LOI) through our online grant application system before the deadline set annually by Impact 100 Chicago. The deadline for submitting for the 2016/17 grant cycle is November 20, 2016.
- Organizations are allowed to submit only one application per year and must select a focus area when completing the LOI to verify they fit within our funding criteria. It should be noted that within the letter of Inquiry, you will be required to complete and attach the following document, which is only available on our website: Project Budget Spreadsheet-Letter of Inquiry.
- Impact 100 Chicago will acknowledge each LOI received and assign it to one of our chapters for the remainder of the review process. Members of each chapter join grant and financial review committees (“member committees”) to analyze all submitted LOI’s. Please review the Focus Area Descriptions and Eligibility Requirements for more information.
- Following the review of the LOIs, Impact 100 Chicago will select certain applicants to submit a full grant application.
In order to assist you in considering your submission of an LOI, we have prepared a list of questions for your perusal. Click here to see the list: Information to Consider in Completing a Letter of Inquiry.
II. FULL GRANT APPLICATION:
- Applicants will be notified as to whether or not they have been selected to complete the full grant application. The 2016 applicants will be notified by January 30, 2017.
- Impact 100 Chicago will provide the form to complete this application and will set a due date. Please note that in addition to the application, you will be required to download and complete the following Excel spreadsheet, which is only available on our website: Project Budget Spreadsheet-Full Grant Application.
- The 2016 full grant applications will be due on February 17, 2017.
- Impact 100 Chicago will acknowledge each grant application received.
- The member committees will review the full grant applications and, following the review, semi-finalists will be notified that they have been selected for site visits.
For your reference, we have prepared a list of questions to consider in completing the Full Grant Application. Click here to see the list: Full Grant Application Questions
III. SITE VISITS:
- Site visit dates will be scheduled for site visits for each of the semi-finalists. The objective of the site visit is to complete a general due diligence review and to investigate and resolve any final questions. Site visits require approximately 60-90 minutes of dedicated time and should include participation of the Executive Director and Project Manager.
- Following the site visits, the member committees in each chapter of Impact 100 Chicago will select their finalists.
IV. FINAL DECISION PROCESS:
- Finalists will be announced in the spring of each grant year, at which time they will receive guidelines for making presentations at the annual Grant Award Celebrations. This year, all finalists will be notified on May 12, 2017 and the public announcement will be made on May 16, 2017.
- Impact 100 Chicago chapter members will vote to select the $100,000 Impact Grant recipients at each event. The voting results will be tabulated and the grant award recipients will be announced at the events.
- The City Chapter Grant Award Celebration will take place on May 31, 2017 and the Suburban Chapter Grant Award Celebration will take place on June 6, 2017.
- Terms and conditions of the distribution of the Impact Grant will be set forth in a Grant Agreement. Click here to view the Impact 100 Chicago Grant Agreement Template.