Grant Process and Schedule
Impact 100 Chicago’s grant cycle occurs only one time per year. Our online grant application system is open in August with the Letters of Inquiry due at the end of September. Impact 100 Chicago’s grant cycle includes a four-step grant application process:
I. LETTER OF INQUIRY:
ALL APPLYING NONPROFITS MUST OPERATE AND BE HEADQUARTERED OUTSIDE THE CHICAGO CITY LIMITS.
- The 2020-2021 Grant Cycle will open on August 17, 2020. Please refer to our Eligibility Requirements.
- Applicants must submit a Letter of Inquiry (LOI) through our online grant application system before the deadline set annually by Impact 100 Chicago. The online grant application system will open on August 17, 2020. The deadline for LOI submission for the 2020/21 grant cycle Is October 9, 2020. We will no longer accept applicants for our 2020/21 grant cycle after October 9, 2020.
- Organizations are allowed to submit only one application per year and must select a focus area when completing the LOI to verify they fit within our funding criteria. It should be noted that within the letter of Inquiry, you will be required to complete and attach the following document, which is only available on our website: Impact 100 Chicago LOI Project Budget.
- Impact 100 Chicago will acknowledge each LOI received. Members join grant and financial review committees (“member committees”) to analyze all submitted LOI’s. Please review the Focus Area Descriptions and Eligibility Requirements for more information.
- Following the review of the LOIs, Impact 100 Chicago will select certain applicants to submit a full grant application.
II. FULL GRANT APPLICATION:
- Applicants will be notified as to whether or not they have been selected to complete the full grant application. The 2020 applicants will be notified by January 25, 2021. Please be sure to check your email inbox on that date. If you fail to respond to our email and follow through with the provided instructions, we will consider your application voided.
- Impact 100 Chicago will provide the form to complete this application and will set a due date. Please note that in addition to the application, you will be required to download and complete the following Excel spreadsheet, which is only available on our website: Impact 100 Chicago Full Application Project Budget.
- Full grant applications will be due on February 19, 2021.
- Impact 100 Chicago will acknowledge each full grant application received.
- The member committees will review the full grant applications and, following the review, semi-finalists will be notified that they have been selected for site visits.
For your reference, we have prepared a list of questions to consider in completing the Full Grant Application. Click here to see the list: Full Grant Application Questions
III. SITE VISITS:
- Site visit dates will be scheduled for site visits for each of the semi-finalists. The objective of the site visit is to complete a general due diligence review and to investigate and resolve any final questions. Site visits require approximately 60-90 minutes of dedicated time and should include participation of the Executive Director and Project Manager.
- Following the site visits, the member committees of Impact 100 Chicago will select their finalists.
IV. FINAL DECISION PROCESS:
- Finalists will be announced in the spring of each grant year, at which time they will receive guidelines for providing a 5 minute video and making presentations at the annual Grant Award Celebration. This grant cycle, all finalists will be notified in mid-May, 2021. A public announcement is also made at that time.
- Impact 100 Chicago members will vote to select the $100,000 Impact Grant recipients at the event. The voting results will be tabulated and the grant award recipients will be announced at the event.
- The Grant Award Celebration will take place on June 8, 2021.
- Terms and conditions of the distribution of the Impact Grant will be set forth in a Grant Agreement. Click here to view the Impact 100 Chicago Grant Agreement Template.
Questions? E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org